In this article, we will guide you on how to install and setup AT&T TV NOW (rebranded from DIRECTV NOW) on a Smart TV and enjoy watching on-demand movies & shows. Most of the Smart TVs these days comes with Android OS, which allows you to install certain compatible Apps from Google Play. ATT TV NOW is among the apps that can be installed on almost any Smart TV.
What is AT&T TV NOW (DIRECTV NOW)?
AT&T TV NOW (formerly DIRECTV NOW) is a live streaming service that comes with three standard packages, Entertainment, Choice, and Xtra.
The $59.99/month starter package includes 65+ local channels including ESPN, TNT, Nickelodeon, and HGTV.
The AT&T Choice plan costs around $64.99/month. You will get access to 90+ local and 50+ Spanish tv channels. Also, you will get one year of free HBO Max subscription as well.
Enjoy extra sports, news, and movies with AT&T Xtra package. For $74.99/month you will get 120+ tv channels including regional sports network and one year of HBO Max subscription.
There are two more plans available at AT&T TV (Ultimate and Premier), which we will discuss in another article. For now, let us dive into the app installation guide. However, before you begin, you need to make sure that your television OS supports the AT&T TV app.
What Devices Support AT&T TV NOW?
The AT&T TV NOW is currently compatible with Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Ruko, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, as well as iOS and Android devices. Unfortunately, smart tv’s from LG and VIZIO are left behind because of the operating system. However, you can use a streaming device if you want to stream AT&T TV on LG and VIZIO.
List of the AT&T TV NOW compatible devices
- Samsung TV (2017+ models)
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Apple TV
- iPhone and iPad (iOS 9+)
- Android Phone and Tablets
- TV’s with Android OS (TCL, Sony, etc.)
List of Non-compatible devices
- LG Smart TV
- VIZIO Smart TV
How to Install AT&T TV Now on Samsung Smart TV
Samsung uses Tizen OS on their smart tv’s. They have their own app store where you can download and install different apps and games on your television. It is essential to know that you’ll have to sign-in to your Samsung account to install the AT&T app.
- Hit the “Home” button on your remote.
- Scroll to the left and hit and launch “APPS” on your Samsung TV.
- Click the search bar on the right side of the screen and type “AT&T TV” or “DIRECTV NOW”.
- Select the AT&T App.
- Click the “Install” button.
- Now add the to Home and Launch it.
How to install AT&T TV app to your Roku
To install AT&T TV app, you need a Roku TV from TCL, Philips, or Hisense. Alternatively, you can use Roku Express, Premiere, or Streaming Stick with any TV. For App installation, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Press the “Home” key on your remote.
- Scroll down and go-to “Streaming Channels“.
- Now scroll down to “Search Channels“.
- Type the app name “AT&T TV NOW“.
- Select the App by pressing the “OK” button.
- Click on “Add Channel” to install AT&T TV.
- Now press the “Home” button and now you can see your new channel.
How to install AT&T TV App on Android TV (Sony, TCL, and other brands)
Installing apps on Android TV might not be same, but most of the smart tv’s with Android OS has the same UI and steps:
- Click the “Home” button on your remote.
- Choose “Apps” on the left side of the screen and press the “OK” button on the remote.
- Now click on “Get more Apps” to launch Google Play.
- Go to the “Search” icon and type “AT&T TV”.
- Select the App from the search result and click “OK” button on the remote.
- Now click the “Install” button and click “Open” after installation.
How to install AT&T TV NOW on LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV’s comes with WebOS, a Linux-kernel based operating system. You can find all the popular streaming apps, like Netflix, Hulu, Channel Plus, VUDU, and Amazon Prime. However, the AT&T TV (DIRECTV NOW) is currently not available on LG Smart TV.
For now, you can use LG Screen Share to cast AT&T App from your smartphone or laptop. I know its not a suitable solution and the video resolution will be bad but right now its the only free way to stream AT&T TV on LG Smart TV. Check out the LG official guide on how to use the Screen Share feature.
How to install AT&T TV NOW on VIZIO Smart TV
Vizio is one of the best TV brands in the United States and uses SmartCast OS in their smart tv’s. Like LG, the only way to stream AT&T TV on VIZIO TV is using built-in Chromecast or SmartCast Mobile App.
Just install the AT&T TV NOW App on your Android or iOS, sign-in and click the Chromecast icon to connect to your VIZIO Smart TV.
Now you know how to install DIRECTV NOW or AT&T TV NOW on your smart tv. In case your smart tv isn’t compatible with the App, you can always use cast or screen share feature. Almost all the TV’s comes with a pre-installed casting app to allow a user to share display from phone, tablet, or PC.